20th Century Fox has officially announced that today, May 13, is X-Men Day. As part of the promotion for Dark Phoenix, Fox is doing several things to build up anticipation for the upcoming film.
In addition to the new trailers and behind-the-scenes looks, the studio has also released an “inspired by” Poster Series, highlighting the X-Men franchise and the upcoming movie.
About Dark Phoenix:
This is the story of one of the X-Men’s most beloved characters, Jean Grey, as she evolves into the iconic Dark Phoenix. During a life-threatening rescue mission in space, Jean is hit by a cosmic force that transforms her into one of the most powerful mutants of all. Wrestling with this increasingly unstable power as well as her own personal demons, Jean spirals out of control, tearing the X-Men family apart and threatening to destroy the very fabric of our planet. The film is the most intense and emotional X-Men movie ever made. It is the culmination of 20 years of X-Men movies, as the family of mutants that we’ve come to know and love must face their most devastating enemy yet — one of their own.
What Is Happening on X-Men Day:
- Tickets went on sale for Dark Phoenix
- 20th Century Fox released a video commemorating the X-Men movie legacy
- New specialty posters have been released
- Comic book stores are holding special events at select locations in the United States
- Stars of the saga celebrate on Twitter
Tickets on Sale:
- Tickets are now on sale for Dark Phoenix
- The film will be released June 7
- Fans can visit http://www.DarkPhoenixTickets.com to find a theater near them
Video Commemorating X-Men Legacy:
- Fox has released a video of stars of the saga discussing 20 years of X-Men movies
Stars of the Saga Celebrating on Twitter: