Overwatch has officially started the Baptiste Reunion Challenge. Gamers can download a new update on PS4 and Xbox One, as Blizzard launches a new Baptiste event. The event features the hero’s war-torn history, as revealed in the “What You Left Behind” short story. players who participate can earn in-game rewards .
Checkout the new trailer below !!!
Baptiste hails from Tortuga, Haiti, and was one of the millions of children that were orphaned due to the Onmic Crisis. Because of the limited opportunities, Baptiste had no choice but to join the military and be part of the Caribbean Coalition. Since he still wanted to help people, he decided to become a combat medic. After completing his military service, he found it difficult to find a demand for his unique skills. This resulted in his joining the Talon mercenary group. While it allowed him to experience the easy life, he would later learn what Talon was all about and leave the group.
From June 18 to July 1 players will have the opportunity to unlock A total of 10 new rewards . new Baptiste skin by winning games in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade . A player icon, and eight sprays by watching various streamers.
Overwatch developer Blizzard has made some huge changes as part of the game’s latest update.
• Biotic Launcher
• Increased heal ammo from 10 to 12.
• Amplification Matrix
• Ultimate duration increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
– Developer Comments: Given the dual nature of Baptiste’s weapon, he ends up having to reload often. We’re increasing the amount of ammo he has to work with so he can get more firing time while healing. Similarly, increasing the duration of Amplification Matrix will allow allies more time to get into position to make use of it.
• Defense Matrix
• Reduced length of Defense Matrix from 15 meters to 10 meters.
– Developer Comments: Defense Matrix is a very powerful defensive ability and can often feel oppressive from far away. Reducing the range on it will require D.Va to position herself more carefully to take advantage of its effects.
• Primary fire recovery reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.42 seconds.
– Developer Comments: On average, McCree’s damage output wasn’t quite making up for the relatively low mobility or utility in his kit. Reducing his weapon’s recovery time improves the potential damage output without affecting the number of successful shots to kill an enemy.
• Protective Barrier
• Barrier can be deployed without interrupting reload.
– Developer Comments: Orisa has one of the longest weapon reloads and interrupting it to deploy a new barrier felt too disruptive to her gameplay. This change allows her to reload as needed while still being able to protect herself and her team.
• Teleporter interact range increased from 1 meter to 1.5 meters.
– Developer Comments: This is primarily a quality of life improvement as it was possible to create a teleporter that Symmetra was unable to interact with unless she moved toward it.
• Rivet Gun
• Secondary Fire damage per pellet reduced from 12.5 to 10.5 (105 dmg total per shot).
– Developer Comments: The combined damage output of Torbjörn’s secondary fire with his Overload ability was too high given his recently increased survivability.