A new update for the Xbox One edition of PUBG is out now and the patch brought with it significant changes for Microsoft’s console. Patch 9 was deployed earlier this week and t includes some good performance improvements. Bug fixes, Game DVR support, and, perhaps most notably, the removal of a single starting area for all players. Now there are multiple pre-match starting locations, which should help improve PUBG’s server performance as a battle is about to kick off.
PUBG update 9 brought with it the jet ski vehicle, known in Battlegrounds as the Aquarail. It’s one of the fastest vehicles in PUBG, and resembles a giant wooden shoe with jet ski parts attached to it. Most notably, update 9 adds DVR support for Xbox One. Enabled in the settings menu, DVR will automatically record gameplay clips.
PUBG Xbox One Patch Notes:
- Introduced multiple pre-match starting locations in order to optimize both server and game client performance
- Weapons are removed from the starting island prior to the match starting
- Game DVR is now supported for automatic recording of gameplay highlights. This feature must be enabled within the Options / Settings menu.
- We continue to listen to your vehicle feedback and have lowered the damage taken from objects throughout the world such as rocks, trees, and uneven terrain
- Adjusted the sound effects of both water and red-zone bombing
- Party matchmaking is now influenced by the player’s MMR
- Adjusted long-range blood VFX back to the original colors
- Improved visibility of squad member colors (yellow, orange, blue and green)
- Players can use the right thumbstick to rotate their character model during customization
- When customizing character appearance, the D-Pad can be held to switch between menus
- Preview is supported when customizing appearance or creating a new character
- Updated the design of the energy drink
- Fixed water sound effects
- Fixed Red Zone disappearing immediately after it starts
- Fixed random character teleportation following initial landing
- Fixed an issue where some doors could not be entered despite appearing open
- Fixed issue of recovery and boost items being able to be used when underwater
- Fixed the character animations when transitioning from jump-prone to standing
- Fixed unexpected character death caused by falling while moving
- Fixed areas of fencing where specific sides could not be penetrated by bullets
- Fixed buildings with missing stairs
- Fixed bug which caused objects to float in the air
- Fixed areas of terrain which were causing player characters to become stuck
- Fixed an issue which prevented team members being displayed following acceptance of an invite
- Fixed the issue of revive being cancelled unintentionally
- Fixed hand animations when reloading/shooting the Kar98 in a prone position
- Fixed the issue limiting peak parachuting speed in FPP mode
- Fixed character animations when moving from prone to entering a vehicle
Optimization / Stability
- Optimized textures, landscapes and buildings throughout the island to improve performance
- Fixed a crash occurring when HDR was enabled
- Fixed a frozen character issue when reconnecting following a crash
- Fixed a crash occurring when the player opened their inventory
- Fixed a crash occurring when the spectated player was using a scope
- Applied new Russian, Japanese and Chinese (simplified/traditional) fonts
- Japanese only: Adjusted the Katakana font
- Japanese only: Fixed incorrect order of wording during object interactions
- Portuguese only: Fixed the display of height meter when parachuting
- B button incorrectly displayed to cut parachute cable; this should be X
- When viewing the map, the X, Y, and B buttons are fully functional – please be aware that this can cause you to exit the plane or vehicle whilst in motion. Please only use the map button to return to gameplay until this is resolved.
Xbox Game Pass getting a ton of games that will have fans excited for the months to come.
The Xbox Game Pass had eight games added to its ever-growing list , As part of a wave of titles coming to the service in the month of March.. Rise of the Tomb Raider and Super Lucky’s Tale are just a couple of the added titles, but the anticipated Xbox /Windows 10 exclusive Sea of Thieves is also going to be joining the Xbox Game Pass Lineup .
The subscription service not only gives Xbox players access to a bunch of older games and indie titles, it also gives gamers access to brand new Xbox One exclusives at launch without having to pay any more than subscription fee of t $10/month in the us , Or £7.99 in the uk .
That’s not all that’s coming to the subscription service next month. Here’s the full list of new titles:
- Sea of Thieves
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Super Lucky’s Tale
- Resident Evil Revelation 2
- Sonic CD
- The Final Station
- Euro Fishing
But there’s one exclusive that Xbox One fans are keen to hear more about too.
And while Halo 6 is unlikely to launch in 2018, Xbox One owners will be hoping for some kind of announcement this year.
We do know that there is a team working on Halo 6, although it’s unclear just when they will reveal more about it.A good guess would be E3 in June, where other big news will be shared about the Xbox brand.
The latest update we got on Halo 6 was from Microsoft this month.
A 343 developers post confirmed that a lot of work is being done to Halo: The Master Chief Collection. However, it came with the update that these new MCC and Halo 5 projects will not steer any resources away from Master Chief’s next big adventure.
“A small but experienced team here within 343 has taken on the charter of supporting many of Halo’s “legacy” titles, with MCC currently being their number one priority,” the 343 message reads.
“There’s a wealth of experience and expertise on the team including engineers, designers, and test leads who are intimately familiar with what’s good, and not so good, with the Master Chief Collection.